Incisive Media and BusinessGreen are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
BusinessGreen Technology Awards
- All wines are sourced no further than from Europe.
- No red meat is served at the event and all meat consumption will be reduced.
- Infused filtered tap water will be served at the event in refillable bottles/jugs.
- Tea and Coffee at the event is provided by a local supplier and the fairtrade coffee is sourced from certifies smallholder farmers in Central and South America and the fairtrade tea is sourced from India.
- If there is a large excess of food waste, this will be donated to a local charity in shorditch: https://www.transformuk.org.uk.
- There will be no printed programmes at the event.
- Trophies are made from sustainable and locally sourced wood.
- The majority of lighting in the venue is LED and is on a timer to switch of and limit running hours.
- The venue has solar panels installed which is fed back and distributed across the whole centre.
- Non potable water from The Thames and recylced rain water is used to flush toilets.
- 0% of waste is sent to landfill as all non-recylceable waste is burned and turned into renewable energy.