Incisive Media and BusinessGreen are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
BusinessGreen Leaders Summit 2019
- The Crystal London is the only building in the world to achieve the highest certification in both the BREEAM and LEED schemes.
- The Crystal is an all-electric building that uses solar power and a ground source heat pump to generate its own energy.
- The venue incorporates rainwater harvesting, black water treatment, solar heating and automated building management systems.
- Any food waste produced is sent to biogas
- All Tea and Coffee served at the event is certified Fairtrade
- We aim to use as many local suppliers as possible and source wherever possible from within a ten-mile radius, for example our bread is made by an artisan bakery in Greenwich and our fruit and vegetables come from Leyton.
- Refillable glass water bottles will be used throughout the event through the venues onsite water filtration system
- The venue serve locally sourced beer and wines are produced in a sustainable and organic environment
- The venue use 100% green and renewable energy
- There are approximately 50 cycle parking spaces onsite and excellent public transport links to discourage driving to the venue
- No single use plastics will be used at the event
- 0% of waste from the venue ends up in landfill
- Printed programmes will not be used in preference to online communications