How To Enter
The BusinessGreen Leaders Awards are not just the largest and most prestigious green business awards in the UK, they are also the most competitive. So what does it take to ensure your entry stands out from the rest? After seven years of chairing the award's judging panel, BusinessGreen editor-in-chief James Murray offers his insights on what makes a strong entry and provides some top tips to help maximise your chances of success.
HOW TO ENTER 💡
- Select your category or categories (you can enter more than one)
- Read the criteria carefully
- Check out our top tips on how to produce a compelling awards' entry
- Draft your entry
- Submit your entry
- Good luck on making the shortlist!
ENTRY CHECKLIST ✔️
- Check our exclusive guide on how to produce a compelling awards' entry.
- Check your entry is in line with the awards' rules and BusinessGreen's terms and conditions.
- Check the ticket information for the BusinessGreen Leaders Awards gala dinner and ceremony and confirm with colleagues that representatives of your organisation can attend the event on the evening of June 27th in London.
- Check the deadline for entries and the deadline for confirming your tickets for the awards.
- Check the images and parts of the entry that could be made public in the BusinessGreen Leaders Awards' guide can be disclosed.
- Double check your entry for typos!
|FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS|
- The deadline for entries is 5pm on the 16th of March. Any extensions have to be agreed with the team at BusinessGreen and may not be granted.
- By submitting an entry to the awards you agree to your organisation being represented at the awards ceremony. Pricing information for tickets to the awards ceremony is available here. The deadline for finalists to confirm their attendance at the BusinessGreen Leaders Awards is 17th of May 2018.While the awards are free to enter, this rule is necessary to ensure BusinessGreen can continue invest in staging the awards and providing free to air content throughout the year.
- Organisations that enter the awards and then fail to confirm their attendance at the awards ceremony will be removed from the shortlist and will not have their entry judged by the judging panel.
- All entrants must have some form of UK presence.
- Entries can reference historic achievements, but these are annual awards and as such the judges are primarily looking to reward projects and achievements that have been developed and/or delivered between January 1st 2017 and the deadline for entries on 16th March 2018. The exception to this are the categories for individuals, where the judges will be more inclined to consider both recent and career achievements.
- The word limit for entries is intended as a guide and some entries may exceed the limit. However, we cannot guarantee that judges will be able to read entries that extend beyond the limit.
- The judging panel's decision is final.
- The judging panel's decisions are based on the quality of the entries.
- The judging panel will reach its decision based on majority vote. No individual judge is responsible for any decision.
- The judging session will split the judging panel in two to avoid any conflicts of interest. Any judges who still have a conflict of interest in any category will recuse themselves from judging that category.
- The judging panel is unable to provide feedback on entries.
- Entries are confidential. However, a short description of the organisation, individual or project is required that will be included in the Awards guide. Similarly, images submitted in the entry may be used in the Awards guide. Please confirm that you have the copyright and are happy for any images to be reproduced before submitting them.
- All winners and highly commended entries will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on June 27th. None of the winners and highly commended entries will be informed of their accolade ahead of the event.
- Winners, highly commended entries, and finalists are encouraged to promote their achievement through press releases, blog posts, adverts, and other marketing material. However, use of the official BusinessGreen Leaders Awards finalists' logo is only permitted as part of the awards ticket package. Use of the official BusinessGreen Leaders Awards Winners' logo is only permitted as part of BusinessGreen's marketing packages.